BuildandPest.com answers your frequently asked questions (FAQ). See why you must choose BuildandPest.com for your next building and pest inspection!
How do I receive the reports?
The reports are detailed written reports compiled by the Inspectors that carried out the inspections, and are made available by email within 24 hours of the completion of the inspections. Hard copies are posted on request.
What do the reports cover?
Our Building Report Covers
- Structual Damage.
- Conditions that may cause Structual Damage.
- Significant defects of secondary elements (ie, kitchen cupboards, bathroom fixtures and tiles).
- Minor Defects and Maintenace Items to assit you in maintaining your proeprty.
Our Timber Pest Report Covers
- Subteranean Termites.
- Wood Borers such as Anobiid Borer (Pine Beetle in Qld)
- Lyctid Borer (Powder Post Beetle)
- Wood Decay (Brown Rot or Cubic Rot in Qld) Dry Rot Fungus is limited to colder climates.
- Conditions that may cause or promote Timber Pest activity.
- The use of non durable timbers and timbers with insuficent ground clearacen or embeded in the ground.
- The close proximity of large trees and bushland.
Are You Insured?
- Fully insured with Pacific International Insurance and accredited with formal qualifications
- Licensed by the Queensland Building and Construction Commission to carry out building, pest control, carpentry and completed building inspection work.
- Members of the Queensland Master Builders Association and the Australian Environmental Pest Managers Association.
What else should I consider?
Here are some very important points to consider:
- Be cautious of engaging Building Inspectors and Pest Inspectors whom the Selling Agent has ‘recommended’. These inspectors may meet the agents preferred standard but it’s your standard you want to work to. Always remember, the selling agent is working for the vendor not you, and a thorough inspection and detailed report may not be in their best interest.
- Always insist on at least 10 to 14 days to get your Building and Pest Inspections done. Inspection firms are usually booked up for 3 to 4 days in advance. If a defect was revealed that required accurate costing from the relevant trade contractor you would need time to get this done. You don’t want to be squeezed into the position of making that 11th hour decision.
- Be wary of inspection firms offering a Visual Inspection Only Report, it may just be a walk through. A proper Building Inspection involves the carrying out of certain tests, ie tapping tiles, render and woodwork, water testing shower bases, testing surfaces with an electronic moisture meter, checking door and window clearances for telltale signs of movement etc. In order for the inspection to meet the requirements of the Australian Standard which covers home inspections (AS 4349.1-2007 Pre Purchase Inspections – Residential Buildings) the consultant would need to carry out tests. Ideally the onsite inspection of an average home should take at least 2 hours.
Why Choose BuildandPest.com?
Here are 5 important reasons to choose BuildandPest.com to conduct your building inspection and timber pest inspection:
- Fully licensed and insured with the Queensland Building and Construction Commission (QBCC Lic No. 1080759), and are members of the Queensland Master Builders Association and the Australian Environmental Pest Managers Association.
- Experience of over 17,000 building and timber pest inspections.
- Detailed, easy-to-understand building & pest reports provided on day of inspection.
- We allow at least two and a half hours on site per average home – we don’t cut corners or skimp on time or quality.
- The findings of the inspections are treated with high confidentiality and are only provided to the client. We are not affiliated with any Real Estate agencies.
When you work with BuildandPest.com, you’re working with the experts who know how to get the job done. Providing you with a high quality service and accurate information is our priority.